Monday, September 13, 2021 || By Community Editor || @maywoodnews
While the Child Tax Credit has been expanded to reach children in Illinois, many are in eligible families that don’t know that they qualify or how to claim their funds. If you qualify for the Child Tax Credit but have not received any funds, the Westchester Food Pantry can help.
Residents can also find out more information about the credit, if they qualify and how to get it at GetCTC.org. The Westchester Food Pantry is helping connect families with the Child Tax Credit via appointment. Applicants will need to bring the following documentation:
- Full name
- Current Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Numbers OR Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP
- PIN) OR Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
- Bank account number, type and routing number if you have one
Child Tax Credit Fast Facts
- Under a recent federal law, almost every family can receive money from the Child Tax Credit.This includes families that haven’t filed a tax return and those without recent income.
- Each qualifying household is eligible to receive up to $3,600 for each child under 6 years old, and $3,000 for each child between 6 and 17 years old.
- Families can receive half of the payments in 2021 and the other half in 2022.
- Anyone who has a child with a Social Security number is eligible, even if they do not have a Social Security number themselves.
- The credit is not a loan.